At Flowers by Gwyneth, I understand that the wedding planning process can be at times overwhelming. I’m here to help you plan your wedding flowers in the simplest way possible.
- Don’t feel you have to have all the details figured out. As your wedding florist, I’m happy to help sort through options together and provide my point of view and guidance.
- Weddings are a celebration of you two. Above all else they are meant to be fun. If at any time planning for your wedding flowers feels overwhelming, look for a way to simplify things.
- Be open with me about your budget so we can make the best decisions. I’m happy to provide guidance on which elements are worth investing in and how to maximise your budget.
- Flowers are a wonderful way to add a personal touch to your day. Don’t shy away from considering colours and tones that go beyond the broader wedding colour palette to add depth and interest.
- There are no real ‘rules’ when it comes to wedding flowers. Use your wedding day as an opportunity to focus on the pieces that are the most important to you two, rather than feeling you must do ‘x, y or z’.
- When it comes to your budget, invest in a few, select signature items and don’t worry about the rest.
- Floral designers are at the mercy of Mother Nature when it comes to flowers. Iconic wedding flowers, such as peonies or lily of the valley, are only available for a few weeks in the year. To get the most out of your design team, leave the final decision on individual blooms to me.
- Floral design is an art. Be open to the designer’s ideas and avoid being overly prescriptive in terms of specific flower varieties to use. I find it’s best to provide a small collection of 5-6 reference photos to help you communicate your likes and dislikes.
- Never underestimate the value of adding candlelight. It brings a true sense of romance to the evening and creates a level of intimacy not found elsewhere.
- Don’t plan everything based on what you see on Pinterest. Many of the most popular wedding photos are based in the US where flower availability and costs are quite different. If in doubt, please feel free to have a chat with me about locally-grown solutions.
For other resources I have to help you with planning your wedding flowers, please check out my other posts on:
Wedding Flower Costs in Sydney – 5 different price ranges
Wedding Pandemic Trends – Get inspired by how other wedding couples have celebrated their wedding day
Garden Wedding Inspiration – Practical Tips included
And use my online Wedding Flowers Budget Calculator to work out the costs of key floral items.
PLAN YOUR WEDDING FLOWERS
FREE PDF DOWNLOAD
Because I understand how stressful the wedding planning process can get, I created the WEDDING FLOWERS PLANNING GUIDE to help future brides with just the essential stuff they need to know in regards to planning their wedding flowers.
My FREE Guide (a 12-page PDF download) includes budget ideas, planning timelines, floral items to consider, seasonality guide for the most popular wedding flowers plus a notes section!